FOOD-GROWN VITAMIN D
Sorry, currently out of stock
.Providing 25µg (1000iu) of 'active form' Food-Grown® Vitamin D3 for all the family. For bones and teeth, muscle function, the immune system and to increase calcium absorption. Though amounts found in a multi or similar may provide good basic levels, for certain individuals and at certain times of the year extra supplementation is required. Extra supplementation is required for adults and children in the darker months. .
- Public health advice recommends supplementation for all during autumn and winter
- 'At risk' groups (see description) are advised to supplement all year around
- For a 'sunnier disposition' in the darker months
- For strong bones, teeth and blood calcium levels
- For healthy immunity
- Size: 30 Capsules (1 month supply).
- Dosage: 1 capsule per day with or without food.
- Can be increased as required.
Food–Grown® Vitamin D provides a high strength of 1000iu which is highly absorbable, biologically active (not storage) form of vitamin D3. This naturally includes all forms of vitamin D, including vitamin D3, D2 and D1. High absorption and retention in the body reduces the need for high dosing long term. Public health advice recommends supplementation for all during autumn and winter, and for certain individuals or 'at risk' groups - during spring and summer too.
The Department of Health recommends: Everyone over the age of four should take 10 micrograms (400iu) of vitamin D every day, particularly from October to March. All pregnant, breastfeeding women and at-risk groups (such as people from ethnic minority groups with dark skin, elderly people in care homes and those who wear clothing that cover most the skin) should take a daily supplement containing 10 micrograms (400iu) of vitamin D.
Its important to comprehend that more than 400 iu (10ug) may be safely taken by adults - since recommendations are to make sure people meet minimum requirements. Individual requirements will of course vary and some may need more than 400iu (10ug), especially if your levels are low. You should always check with a qualified nutritionist / nutritional therapist if you are unsure what dose to take.
Vitamin enhanced yeast providing; Vitamin D3. Vegetable Cellulose (capsule shell).
- Free from: Excipients, wheat, gluten-containing ingredients, soya, milk products, artificial colours, flavourings & preservatives. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
- Cautionary advice: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any food supplement. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children. Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.